Anthrax cases reported in Cagayan: Philippines media
news desk Laugh
The Philippine Department of Health (DOH) has reported human cases of anthrax in Stowe. Nino, Cagayan after being exposed to the infected Death Balls – some of which were slaughtered and consumed as meat, As reported by PhilStar.
It follows recent reports of four anthrax deaths, two of which were said to have been sold as meat to residents.
The Ministry of Health reiterates that the spread of anthrax in Cagayan should be treated as a “health event” due to exposure to animals and “not linked to any act of terrorism.”
Anthrax is a bacterial pathogen in cattle and wild the animals. Ruminants such as bison, cattle, sheep, and goats are highly susceptible and horses can also be infected.
Anthrax is very dangerous illness of cattle because it can cause speeding Loss for a large number of animals in So short the time. Affected animals are often found dead with no disease detected.
When conditions become favorable, the spores germinate colonies From bacteria. that Example Will be grazing The cow swallows the germs in it the cowThey germinate, grow and spread Recently killing animal. Causing anthrax bacteriaAnd the hard anthrax. This is spore formation bacteria can live In the environment for decades because of its ability to resist heat, cold, drought, etc. This is Usually the infectious stage of anthrax.
There are no reports of human-to-human transmission of anthrax. People contract anthrax by handling contaminated animals or animal productsconsumption of undercooked infected animal meat, and more recently, the deliberate release of spores.
There are three types of human anthrax of varying severity: cutaneous, gastrointestinal, and inhalational.