Downtown Napa strolls into holiday fun and winter adventures
The most famous destination in wine country
NAPA, CA – Downtown Napa, dubbed the “Wine Tasting Capital of the World” this year, is a premiere Napa Valley experience.
This winter, discover new entertainment, shopping, restaurants, and more in the most walkable place in wine country. Here’s what’s new in Napa this winter.
New wine tasting rooms
- Benevolent Neglect Wines has opened a new downtown Napa tasting room and vinyl lounge that allows guests to enjoy wine in a relaxed, comfortable setting with great music. Benevolent Neglect’s winemaking philosophy uses minimal intervention to highlight the excellent fruit that comes from the vineyards.
- Outer Space Wines is a new wine shop, wine bar, and event space in downtown Napa that specializes in selling tin production wines from Northern California and Europe. The wine bar offers good tastings of local wines each day as well as special Friday night tasting events as well as wine-friendly snacks like egg and cheese dishes.
- Wine Girl Napa opened next door to Anette’s Chocolates in downtown Napa. Wine Girl Napa features rotating wines on tap, a reserved bottle and beer list, as well as a changing array of food options including snacks and flatbreads.
New arts and entertainment:
- The Meritage Resort and Spa’s annual Merry Meritage Holiday Ice Rink is open daily through January 8th for guests and locals. Every Tuesday, the resort will host Giving Tuesday Skate Night, where a portion of ticket sales will be donated to local non-profit organizations. Tickets are $25 per person and can be purchased at meritageresort.com.
- The Archer Hotel’s third annual holiday pop-up in Napa, Up on the Rooftop with Archer, will be held at the Sky & Vine Rooftop Bar through January 6th. The event will feature a specially curated selection of holiday-themed cocktails, small plates and desserts created by Chef Elizabeth Esperto, kid-friendly desserts, holiday photo shoots and more.
- the Santa’s train in 2023 on the Napa Valley Wine Train It will run until December 23rd. Guests can choose from three new experiences, including the Santa Cookie Car, the Gourmet Holiday Express, and the Ferry Merry Vista Dome. Santa Train experiences start at $75 for kids at winetrain.com. Groups of 21 or more can make reservations by calling 707-253-0920.
- The Downtown Napa Association will sponsor the first annual Christmas tree decorating competition, Wanderland of Trees, which will run December 3-24. Visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite holiday tree while strolling, shopping, and sipping around downtown Napa, and each vote is entry to win a batch of gift cards for downtown businesses.
- First Street Napa will host a Santa Claus Meet and Greet on December 17 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Attendees are encouraged to enjoy hot cocoa and deliver a letter to Santa at the Visit Napa Valley Welcome Center. The location depends on the weather.
- From December 30th to December 31st, join Bastard Jazz from Les Claypool with Vinnie Colaiuta, Skerik and Mike Dillon at Jam Cellars Hall. Ticket prices range from $65 to $99 on December 30 and $89 to $155 on New Year’s Eve.
- After a two-year hiatus, on the eleventh day Napa Travel Festival He will be back Jan 13th-16th. Attendees will learn firsthand how to cook with truffles from Michelin star and professional chefs. The full schedule of events, along with where to purchase tickets, can be found at napatrufflefestival.com.
- Celebrate the bounty of Napa Valley agriculture with talented chefs and world-class cuisine during Napa Valley Restaurant Week, happening January 20th through January 29th.
- annual Napa Illuminated Arts Festival It will be held from January 21st to February 19th. Wander the streets of downtown Napa and experience an unparalleled creative arts experience. The Illuminated Arts Festival in Napa features the arts of artists from around the world and is free to experience.
- Mustafa Kara opened Maraşlı Fashion on First Street as the first men’s shoe store in downtown Napa, featuring handmade leather shoes from Turkey. Open Monday-Saturday 11am-8pm and Sunday 10am-7pm
New foods and drinks:
- Iron chef Masaharu Morimoto has opened Morimoto Asia Napa. A half-block from Morimoto Napa, Morimoto Asia Napa puts a greater emphasis on Chinese dishes than Morimoto Napa, featuring a range of Asian dishes served alongside cocktails, sake flights, and a wine and beer list.
- The Pietisserie Holiday Pie Shop is open through December 24 and will be offering 15 pies in a seven-week brick-and-mortar pop-up. The list, developed by Jaynelle St.
- Napa Yard’s Miracle Cocktail Bar, a pop-up Christmas cocktail bar, will be held through December 31. Reserve a table for family and friends or gather your team for Napa’s biggest fun-filled event of the season.
For more information about downtown Napa, including lodging, dining, wine tasting, shopping, and things to do, visit donapa.com.