Old Sacramento Theatre of Lights
Celebrations and lighting of the Christmas tree – Saint Nick
Sacramento, CA – The community is invited to experience another exciting season of “Theatre of Lights,” an exciting, family-friendly holiday tradition in Old Sacramento.
The Theater of Lights is a free holiday lighting extravaganza at the Old Sacramento Waterfront produced by the Downtown Sacramento Partnership. Thursday-Sunday Night Shows from Thanksgiving Eve – Christmas Eve (there is no show on Thanksgiving) feature a live account of Moore’s 1823 poem – “A Visit from Saint Nicholas,” otherwise known as “Twas the Night Before Christmas.” “
The highlight of the 20-minute production is the live dramatization on the balconies above K Street, complete with a Jack Frost special look, and 60-foot-tall lighting. birthday The tree of Saint Nick himself. Discover how early pioneers experienced the disasters – and bustle – of the new town in the 1850s, and the sounds of fires, floods and parties will surround the audience as the building’s 150-year-old facades light up with colour.
2022 Theater of Lights
- November 23 to December 24
- Event and start times vary between 6pm and 8pm (Watch all times)
- Limited street parking, free after 4:30pm and free all day on Saturday and Sunday
- Tower Garage Parking: 1289 Front Street, Capitol Mall
- Old Sacramento Garage: 274 I Street, between 2nd and 3rd Streets