Pakistan: 6th Naegleria fowleri case reported in Karachi in 2022
news desk Laugh
Officials at Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center (JPMC) in Karachi, Pakistan reported that a 28-year-old individual had died of a “brain-eating amoeba”, Nigeria Follieri Monday evening, a Pakistani news source, dawn reports.
The patient had no history of swimming and that their home was supplied with water through tankers, according to the family.
This is the sixth case of amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) caused by N. fowleri reported in Karachi this year.
PAM-related deaths have been regularly reported from Karachi since 2008. At least 150 people have died of the disease in Pakistan over the past 14 years.
Nigeria Follieri It is a microscopic amoeba, a single-celled organism. can cause rare and destructive infection It is called primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM). Amoebas are commonly found in warm fresh waters such as lakes and rivers. ponds and channels.
infections It can happen when contaminated water enters the body the nose. Once the amoeba enters the nose Travel to the brain where it causes PAM (which destroys brain tissue) is usually fatal. infections It usually occurs when it is hot for long periods of time, causing the water level to rise Temperatures and lower water levels.
Nigeria Follieri Infections are rare. Most infections occur from exposure to contaminated recreational water. Cases of using neti pots and performing ablutions have been documented.
The practice of ablution is included in Yogic, Ayurveda, and Islamic tradition. inside Islamic Faith, rinsing the nose is included in the ritual disinfection A process called “ablution” or “ablution”. It is usually performed several times a day in Prepare to pray according to to me Centers for Disease Control and prevention.