Placer County to expedite building permits for storm-damaged property


Recent storms prompted urgent action

Auburn, California – Placer County Building Services Department Expedite the issuance of building permits for properties damaged in recent storms due to snow, mudslides, fires, floods, tree damage or other catastrophic events.

Building permits are required to repair roof collapse, wall displacement, damaged overhead electrical service, and any damage to electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing systems attached to a wall.

“Building Services will expedite the process of accepting, reviewing and approving building plans intended to repair or rebuild an existing and previously occupied building destroyed in storms”

Tim Wegener, Deputy Director of Building Services

Repair and rebuild

Safety is of paramount importance. Emergency responders must be notified of an emergency, and building services are often called in for a quick safety assessment. Placer County recommends that property owners hire an engineer to perform a structural assessment for significant damage.

Permits can be obtained by applying in person at the Community Development Resource Center locations:

Repair and rebuild permits will be given priority, and multiple simple permits can be issued on the same day. More complex permits can take up to three days to be issued.

For more assistance, visit the Department of Building Services website or call the helpline at 530-745-3584.


Roseville Today is locally owned and community supported.
We have no affiliation with printing, politics or corporate media.
(20+ years strong!)

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.