Roseville City School District: Enrollment, Hiring, & more to start New Year
Supervisor’s letter in January 2023
Welcome to the second half of the school year. Like many of you, I long for a new year and a fresh start.
We have a lot to be proud of at RCSD. As we move into 2023, I encourage each of us to continue to look forward with an eye on how we can work together to best serve our students – not just today but far into the future. We’ve overcome a lot in recent years, so let’s keep moving forward. There’s no need to look back – that’s not what we’re going for!
We’re ramping up some great stuff at RCSD this month and throughout the rest of the school year. Here are some highlights I’d like to share:
- Register: It’s time to register your child for the 2023-2024 school year! Whether you’re an incoming kindergarten family or a returning family enrolled in middle school, new and returning students can learn more and access registration. here .
- employment: We are currently recruiting for several positions in the area, and are working hard to ensure all of our new hires align with our 4 C’s: Competent, Caring, Committed and with a genuine personality. These values serve us well, so if you know anyone who fits the bill, Share please!
- Region growth: Our district, and therefore our school district, continues to grow! We are taking many steps to prepare for this continued growth, including the opening of Westbrook Elementary School in the Sierra Vista development.
- Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten: In the 2023-24 school year, TK moves from 3.5 hours per day to 5 hours per day, and Kindergarten moves from 5 hours to 6 hours. We believe this will be of tremendous academic and social benefit to our children!
- Extended Learning Opportunity Program (ELO-P): Watch out for a new after-school program at every elementary school in the 2023-24 school year. Right to school The RCSD has been contracted to coordinate our ELO-P program and provide on-site after-school care to every family that needs their children in a supervised setting after school. You can learn more and access registration here.
I hope you all have a fun and relaxing holiday season and are ready to get back to work at RCSD.
Cheers for a healthy, happy and learning 2023. Happy New Year!