Vietnam dengue cases top 300K in 2022
news desk Lord, save her
According to the Vietnamese Ministry of Health, from the beginning of the year to November 15, 303,637 cases of dengue have been reported, including 112 deaths.
Compared to the same period in 2021 (62106/24), cases increased by 4.9 times, and deaths increased by 88.
According to experts, dengue usually lasts 5 to 7 days, and is divided into 3 stages: the febrile stage; severe phase and recovery phase. The acute phase begins around the time the fever goes away, usually on the third through seventh day. This stage lasts about 24-48 hours. Patients may still have a fever or have hypothermia and may present with symptoms such as: body aches, if too much plasma leakage will lead to shock with signs of struggle, anxiety or lethargy.
From the fourth day on, the patient usually does not have a fever, so he can believe subjectively that he has recovered. However, this is the stage when the disease can progress seriously with symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting, and bleeding (nosebleeds, bleeding gums, etc.).
Dengue Fever So far there is no vaccine nor specific treatment, the main and effective prevention measures are killing mosquitoes, killing larvae/larvae and preventing mosquito bites. In order to effectively prevent the disease for themselves, their families and everyone around them, the Ministry of Health strongly recommends that people take the following preventive measures:
- Cover all water containers to prevent mosquitoes from entering and laying eggs.
- Implement grub/larvae control measures weekly by placing fish in a large bowl of water; Wash small and medium-sized water containers, and turn non-water containers upside down; changing the water of flower vases / cotton vases; Place salt or oil in a bowl of water to support the stock.
- Weekly waste removal Natural water holes that do not allow mosquitoes to lay eggs such as bottles, jars, bottle shards, coconut shells, broken jars, old tyres/tires, bamboo holes, leaf casings…
- Sleep under a mosquito net, and wear long clothes to prevent mosquito bites even during the day.
- Effective coordination with the health sector in chemical spraying to prevent and control epidemics.
- When you develop a fever, immediately go to a medical facility for examination and treatment advice. Do not arbitrarily treat at home