With Musk’s purchase completed, NYSE will delist Twitter stock on Election Day • TechCrunch
To have a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and hottest stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3 PM PT, Subscribe here.
happy Friday! pilgrim He enjoys some time on the East Coast, so I run on my own. as you can see from Unsurprising move by Elon Musk Last night and the sheer number of Twitter stories from our awesome consumer tech team today, it was all on Twitter, all day long. We promise to give you a little of that, of course, and a little of what we’ve been working on. Let’s dive in, shall we? – Christine
Top Tech Crunch 3
- Flying public hangar: Now that Elon Musk owns Twitter, his days as a public company are numbered. In fact, Evan He writes, Twitter will be deleted on November 8 – Voting Day for the US midterm elections.
- catch the bird: To Europe, where only a few hours after actually owning Twitter, Musk actually found himself on the wrong end of EU officials, who corrected him after he tweeted about how much he believed Twitter was now free. Natasha L He has more.
- Big tweet head: Reports now say that Musk will take over as CEO for himself, Evan writes after Four senior Twitter CEOs have been oustedas mentioned before Amanda.
For more news about the blue bird, head over to the Big Tech Inc. Where we got you covered.
Startups and VC
Unfortunately, The hits come constantly for 54 Jina genomics startup in Africa focused on providing more African genetic material for pharmaceutical research – there are only 3% now, Crown reports. A few months after the layoffs and the CEO exit, the company confirmed that it had not only had another round of layoffs — this time for 100 people — but had also lowered its valuation by more than $100 million.
And we have three for you:
- riot robot: Galen Robotics has a new robot That will help in ear, nose and throat surgeries. Oh, and I got $15 million in new funding, Andrew reports.
- Follow the yellow stone road: game studio Hidden Door uses narrative AI To turn fantasy into immersive role-playing experiences, and Rebecca He writes that he is auditioning for “The Wizard of Oz”.
- Does anyone else use this word?: I was pleased to see that there is a company called Skidattl. The company uses augmented reality to show users what people around them are doing and what Rebecca he writes “Like Bat-Signal for fun. “
5 ways biotech startups can mitigate risks for long-term sustainable growth
Thanks to R&D and clinical trials, life sciences startups have significant lead times before they can bring their capital-intensive products to market.
Omar Khalil, partner at Santé Ventures, asks, “But, what happens when funding suddenly runs out?”
In a guest post for TC+, he shares five strategies for biotech startups trying to stay warm through the upcoming winter.
“It is still too early to tell if this is a short-term correction, or whether this is a new natural correction that will be maintained for the foreseeable future.”
Three more from the TC+ team:
Big Tech Inc.
As promised, we have more Twitter news for you to enjoy. While writing this, several of my colleagues have taken to Twitter Spaces to talk about all this. One of the latest news pieces from Taylor is that Elon Musk was taking shape Content Oversight Board To make certain decisions – eg, about recalculation for, cough, Donald Trump. Here are two more:
Get to know you more earnings reports:
And we have four more for you: